Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School Mission
Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School is an integral part of the Catholic Church’s mission to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. As an adult community, we share in the responsibility to prepare students for college and beyond while helping them grow to become persons of faith, virtue, and wisdom.
Montgomery Catholic is a K4-12 school in the Archdiocese of Mobile, under the authority of the superintendent of Catholic schools and ultimately the Archbishop of Mobile. An advisory council, comprised of representatives of each Catholic parish in the Montgomery Tri-County area and representatives from each campus, sets local school policy. Administratively, Montgomery Catholic has a president with long-term and financial responsibility for the K4-12 school leads and a principal at each campus with responsibility for the day-to-day campus operations.
Montgomery Catholic is proud of its long history, dating back to its founding by the Sisters of Loretto in 1873. This makes us the oldest, continuous, non-public institution in the state of Alabama. Originally called “St. Mary of Loretto,” we became “Montgomery Catholic High” in 1952. In 2004, we combined with St. Bede and Our Lady Queen of Mercy Elementary, created a separate middle school, and became “Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School.”