The Most Reverend Archbishop Oscar H. Lipscomb, along with community leaders, Mr. Carl Barranco, Dr. Bill Saliski, and Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School (MCPS) President Mr. Faustin Weber, welcomed students, generous donors, and the community to “kick-off” a historic capital campaign for Montgomery Catholic, the oldest continuous non-public school in Alabama, on Tuesday, February 13, 2007, in the Fr. Patrick Delahunty Gymnasium on the high school campus.
· Build the Dolly Barranco Student Life Center. Named in tribute to Mrs. Barranco who was the cafeteria manager for over 25 years. The Center will include a cafeteria to house our expanding student body, two new classrooms, and will be the largest climate-controlled facility on the MCPS campus.
· Refurbishment of the existing middle and high school cafeteria into four classrooms to meet the demands of the growing student population.
· Expansion of the middle and high school’s Chapel.
· Renovations to the St. Bede Elementary Campus facility.
· Funding the Teacher’s Excellence Endowment Fund; this will help administration reward and acknowledge MCPS outstanding faculty.
· Demolition and construction of the student locker rooms.
For more information on Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School or the “Faith in Education” Capital Campaign, please visit: http://www.knights.pvt.k12.al.us/